EarthX Lithium Battery Technology
EarthX batteries are designed to be a replacement of a standard 12 volt lead-acid battery, but their nominal voltage is 13.28V so it will spin your engine faster than you would ever believe possible! Our batteries will work with any vehicle charging system that regulates the voltage between 13.5V and 14.6V, which is standard in all modern vehicles from motorcycles to aircrafts. And our batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they last years longer than a lead-acid battery if maintained properly.
There is a lot of talk about lithium batteries these days, but not all lithium batteries are equal. There are dozens of different types of chemistry used in lithium batteries. The EarthX batteries use cells made of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry that was developed in the U.S.A. This chemistry is the highest performance, most robust and the safest on the market today.
Lithium batteries are fundamentally different than lead-acid batteries. The lithium cells inside the battery need electronics to monitor and balance the voltage/charge of the individual cells. Other companies sell a balancing charger, which you have to plugin periodically to “top off” and balance the cells. Inside every one of the ETX series batteries is a microprocessor Battery Management System (BMS) that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed, protecting the cells from overcharge or over-discharge. What this means for you is more starting power, longer battery life, and the safest lithium battery on the market. All types of lithium batteries (not just ours) require a “BMS” that monitors and balances the cell charge and protect from over discharge or over charge.
The key advantages of an EarthX lithium battery over a lead acid batteries are;
- Light-weight — 70-80% less weight
- Long Service Life — Up to 4000 charge / discharge cycles (~3-8 years), over 4 times the life of a lead-acid battery
- Longer Storage Life – due to extremely low self-discharge rate, no need for charging in the off-season
- Environmentally Friendly — non-toxic, non-contaminating, lead free and no hazardous materials
- Wide Operating Temperature Range (-30 C–+60C) — lithium batteries are dry cell technology and will not freeze, boil, sulfate or corrode
- Fast Charge — can be fully charged in less than a half hour
- Maintenance Free
- No Special Mounting Direction — can be used on it’s side or even upside down
- Safety and Reliability — internal cells are continually monitored by an integrated battery management system
The key advantages of EarthX lithium batteries over competitors lithium batteries;
- Safety, performance and longevity are very important in the design of the EarthX battery and is the leader in the lithium market with the only battery management system included inside every ETX battery to protect from over discharge, over charge, cell balancing, short circuit and excessive cranking protection.
- All our products are engineered in the USA
- We use American battery technology, the most advanced lithium battery technology in the world
- Our batteries are assembled, engineered and designed in the USA using US and foreign components.
- No expensive balancing charger needed.
- Flexible battery connection — our batteries can be used in either left or right side polarity applications. You also have the option to connect the battery leads directly to your vehicle.
- Quality – We test all our batteries to industry standards (SAE, UL, CE).