EarthX Lithium Battery Warranty Terms
EarthX, Inc. (Manufacturer) warrants its ETX lithium batteries (hereafter referred to as Battery or Batteries) to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years. EarthX, Inc. warrants the ETZ lithium batteries and the EarthX Jump Pack to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year. A dealership is not authorized to issue a replacement battery without prior authorization from EarthX, Inc.
The applicable Warranty period begins from the date of purchase with original receipt, or, if no receipt is available, from the manufacturing date on the battery. The warranty is non transferable and for the original purchaser. Batteries determined to meet the conditions of this warranty will be replaced free of charge one time. Batteries for warranty replacement are to be returned after receiving an RMA from EarthX. If the warranty has been voided or there is nothing wrong with the battery, you can choose to pay shipping to have it returned to you. EarthX’s acceptance of any items shipped to EarthX for warranty replacement shall not be deemed an admission that the item(s) are defective. For international warranty returns, customer will pay the shipping expenses.
Before submitting a warranty, please read the FAQ section as most issues are easily remedied by reading this section.
If your battery is reading 0 volts or close to 0 volts and will not charge with your charger, the over discharge feature has been activated and could simply needs to be reset. (The ETZ series does not have this feature). Please read the FAQ section on how to reset the over discharge feature or here is a video on how to reset your battery in this situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-YYpy9hYUExclusions:
EarthX Lithium Batteries has no obligation under the limited warranty herein in the event the Battery is damaged or destroyed as a result of one or more of the following:
- Willful abuse, misuse, physical damage, or removal of any labels.
- Jump starting the battery from a much larger amperage battery than the one that you are jumping. As with any battery, jumping from a much larger sized battery is dangerous and can result in cell rupture or fire. An example of this is jumping your dirt bike battery from an automotive sized battery.
- Use of any charger that is a desulfination charger or set to the “de-sulfate” cycle.
- Use in a vehicle with a charging system without a regulator or used in a vintage vehicle that does not have a modern charging system that regulates voltage.
- Using an under sized battery for your vehicle as compared to our recommended battery from the website.
- Immersion in liquid. Not covered for use in a stand up jet ski.
- Use with any hand held starter such as a Coleman or BTT Starter as examples.
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL EARTHX BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY OTHER KIND, WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE. NOR SHALL EARTHX BE LIABLE FOR ANY REMOVAL OR INSTALLATION EXPENSE, OR THE LOSS OF TIME OR PROFITS. THE WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.