EarthX Jump Pack
If you live outside the USA or Canada, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
The EarthX Jump Pack is light and compact so you can take it anywhere and start just about everything with 400 burst cranking amps (car, up to a V8 truck, boat, motorcycle, atv, airplane and snowmobile). The entire kit only weighs 1.4 pounds and comes with the jump pack unit, the wall charger, jumper cables, and the case!
The EarthX Jump Pack is custom designed for rugged off road use featuring dust covers for all power and charge ports, plus an “easy hold” grip with a rubber like finish.
And like our ETX series batteries, the EarthX Jump Pack uses LiFePo4 cells, not Lithium Cobalt (LiCoO2)! This is a big deal! LiFePo4 is the most stable and robust of all the lithium chemistries. The EarthX Jump Pack uses 4 cells at a voltage of 13.2V vs. a Lithium Cobalt jump pack that uses 3 cells at a voltage of 11.1V. Why is this a very important difference? This means the voltage of the EarthX Jump Pack is 100% compatible with your vehicles charging system and at no risk of over charging as the normal charge range is up to 14.6V. The jump pack that uses the Lithium Cobalt cells is dependent for safety on the diode in the charging cables and is at risk of being overcharged if jump pack is not removed quickly. Another difference is the life span. A LiFePo4 cell has double the life! And the thermal runaway temperature for a LiFePo4 is 518 deg F, vs. the Lithium Cobalt at 318 deg F.
Here at EarthX, performance and safety is paramount and it would be much cheaper to use the inferior cells but we want you to have only the best! If the jump pack you are researching doesn’t tell you it’s a LiFePo4 technology, it because it isn’t! Go to this link to see a video on how to jump start a vehicle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW3hcgsGsok
Other features include:
- USB 5V/2.1A port to charge/power electronic devices (charges cell phone in under 30 minutes)
- 12V output
- High intensity LED flashlight
- Charge level indicator LEDs
- Once charged, will hold it charge level for a year!
- Reverse connection protection
- Built in electronics to protect the battery from over-discharge/over-charge
- Water-resistant carrying case
- Unique rubber coating on the outside for ease of holding even in bad weather!
- Designed for rugged conditions with plastic covers for all the ports to keep dust and water out!
- Has a 1 year warranty. If you purchase direct, we will have you in our system, otherwise, save your receipt.